Among the well-known Diwali snacks Veg Pakoda is very easy to prepare at home.
Enjoy your Diwali evening with snacks like Veg Pakoda.
Veg Pakoda Recipe
- Potato-1 big
- Curry leaves
- Besan flour
- Cumin seeds-a pinch
- Salt -as needed
- Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Grate onion, potato &carrot into thin &even length.
- Make a thick mixture with besan flour and water.
- Add chili powder, salt turmeric &cumin seeds(crushed).mix well
- Now add the grated vegetables & mix well.
- Heat a pan with enough oil for deep frying (say 2 cups)
- When the oil is really hot, put small amounts of the mixture into it &deep fry until light brown.(it make stick together so add little by little and try to separate &avoid sticking while putting each next one.)There will be little sticking on to each other, which is ok. Take from oil and allow draining oil by placing on a tissue paper.
- Try with ketchup or pudina chutney