Dhokla is a very popular Gujarati dish. It is very easy to prepare. Here is Dhokla recipe.
How to Make Dhokla? Receipe of Dhokla is very simple to prepare. Read about Dhokla recepie
- 1 cup of rice
- ¼ cup of black gram skinless (urad dal)
- ¼ cup of yogurt
- 1 ½ cup of warm water
- Salt to taste
- 1 one-inch piece ginger
- 4 green chillies
- ½ tsp of soda bi-carbonate (baking soda)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves
- Roast the rice and the dal on medium heat for four to five minutes. Allow it to cool and then grind into a semi-coarse powder.
- Put the powder in a bowl. Add yoghurt (little sour) and warm water into the bowl. Mix thoroughly so that no lumps are formed and the batter is of pouring consistency.
- Add salt and let it ferment for eight to ten hours. Make a paste of ginger and green chillies. Once fermented, mix the ginger, green chilli paste with the batter. Grease the dhokla platter or a thali. Boil water in the steamer/boiler.
- Pour half of the batter in another vessel. In a small bowl, add one-fourth-tspn soda bi-carbonate, half tspn oil and half tspn lemon juice. Add this to the batter and mix well. Repeat this for the remaining batter just before putting it in the steamer.
- Pour this onto the greased platter and keep it in the steamer to steam for eight to ten minutes. Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney.