Appam is a famous South Indian dish. Here is Appam recipe.
How to Make Appam? Receipe of Appam is very simple to prepare. Read about Appam recepie.
- Raw rice soaked for 4-5 hours - 2 cup(s)
- Coconut shavings - 4 cups
- Cooked rice -1 cup
- Salt and sugar to taste
- A pinch of yeast granules dissolved in some coconut water or little hot water
- Drain the soaked rice and grind it along with the coconut shavings
- Cook the grinded mixture rice to a fine thick paste. Do not add too much water.
- Add the yeast and mix lightly. Also add salt and sugar to taste.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for at least 6 hours. Heat a small non-stick wok. Pour approximately half a cup of grinded mixture and gently swirl the pan around such that only a thin layer of the grinded mixture covers the sides and a thick layer collects at the bottom.
- Cover with a lid on medium heat for about 3 minute(s) or till the edges have become golden crisp and the centre is soft and spongy.