Macher Jhol is a very popular Bengali dish. Here is Macher Jhol recipe.
How to Make Macher Jhol? Receipe of Macher Jhol is very simple to prepare. Read about Macher Jhol recepie.
Macher Jhol Recipe
- Four slices of fillet or steak of fish of choice (approx 450 grams)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 large onion, grated or made into a paste
- 20 grams of curry paste
- 5 grams of turmeric powder
- 25 grams of cashew nuts or almond paste
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- A bay leaf
- 30 grams of vegetable oil
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 lemon
- Get the fishes cut from the market or if you are well expert as it is not easy to cut the live fishes.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil in the skillet or non-stick kadai and heat it.
- Till the kadai or skillet gets heated, rub the fish pieces with 1 tsp of salt and turmeric powder.
- Fry the fishes in the kadai (shallowfry).
- Keep it aside.
- Put the rest 1 tbsp of oil in the kadai and put cardomom, clove, cinnamon and two bayleaves along with jeera.
- Put the green chillies, 1 tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp of salt along with jeera powder.