The recipe of Rasmalai is given below. It is easy to cook at home and can be served as a Diwali sweet dish.
Among all Diwali sweets Ras Malai is highly popular.You can make this Diwali dish at home.
- 4 Measuring cup milk for channa (2% milk)
- 3 measuring cup milk for Ras
- 4 - 4 1/2 tbsp. sugar for Ras
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups of water
- saffron, cardamom, pista, almonds
- lemon juice
- First keep the 3 cups of milk for ras to boil until it remains 1 3/4 cup.
- Bring 4 cups of milk to boil. Now to curdle the milk add lemon juice to it stirring continuously.
- Then drain it in a thin muslin cloth or handkerchief.
- Hold it covered with cloth in the running water. Drain the excess water by pressing the cloth there must not be water remaining.
- In a pressure cooker take 3 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar.
- Take the channa out of the cloth in a dish, mash it and make around 15 small size of balls out of it
- Toss that balls in the pressure cooker and bring two whistles.
- In the mean time see the milk for ras may be ready.
- Add the sugar for ras to it and add cardamom, pista, almond and saffron to it. Let it cool aside
- As the pressure cooker is warm now open it take out the balls of channa with the spoon in a dish and let the water drain by pressing it little and let it cook.
- When the milk is cool add channa balls to it.
- Refrigerate it.
- And it is ready to serve.