Khandvi is a very popular Gujarati dish. Here is Khandvi recipe.
How to Make Khandvi? Receipe of Khandvi is very simple to prepare. Read about Khandvi recepie
- 1 cup sour yoghart
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp ginger -chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch asafetida
- pinch turmeric powder
For the tarka
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves-chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut-grated
- Put gramflour in a deep, heavy based pan. Grind the ginger and green chillies together to a paste and add to a pan.
- Mix-in the chilli powder, salt, asafoetida and turmeric. Gradually add the yoghurt. Stir continuously to make a smooth and lump-free paste.
- Add water and place pan over high flame. Allow it to boil and stir continuously till a paste-like consistency appears. Since the mixture splatters a lot, be careful and avoid scorching by adjusting the flame.
- With the help of rubber spatula, spread the mixture on an un-greased surface in thin layers and leave it to cool.
- While it cools, heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chillies. Stir a few times, and then sprinkle over the spread out mixture. Scatter all but 1 tbsp each of the coriander leaves and coconut as well. Remove the whole red chillies and keep aside.
- When cool, cut this layer into strips of your wish. Roll up each strip like a scroll, as firmly as you can, without breaking them, and arrange on to a serving dish. Garnish with remaining coriander leaves, coconut and whole red chillies and serve.