Here is the recipe of Mini Samosa that can add a flavour as snacks of Diwali.
Here is the process of making Mini Samosa.
Recipe of Mini Samosa
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt (depending upon the taste)
- moong daal (soak 6-8 hrs in Plenty of water with baking soda)
- 1 tbs red chili powder
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs coriender powder
- 1 tbs salt
- tbs amchur
- 3-4 pinches asafoetida powder
- tbs cumin seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Grind the moong daal with minimum quantity of water.
- Add oil in heavy pan.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and daal paste in it.
- Stir it properly. Add salt,garam masala,coriender powder,chili powder and amchur powder.
- Stir it until the mixture dried very well.
Preparation for cover
- Sieve all-purpose flour, add salt.
- Add vegetable oil (so that you can make bowls) and mix it very well.
- Then add small quantity of water and make smooth dough.
- Make small round rolls with dough.
- Roll it like chapatti (chapatti should be around 4-5 inches in diameter).
- Cut it into 2 equal halves along the diameter.
- Put small water along the diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp. of filling in the cone and seal third side as above.
- Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
- Do not fry on high, or the mini samosas will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper
- Serve hot with green chutneys.