Diwali is a festival when you worship Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi for wealth and prosperity. Prayers, songs and rituals are performed and a puja thali is an important part of this custom. The Thali decoration is an essential part of the Diwali custom and hence, a lot of interest is taken in collecting together all the stuff needed for decorating it. Puja thali’s come in diverse shapes and sizes with various decorated motifs such as floral and animals and can be crafted in an array of metals ranging from brass to silver and gold. A basic puja thali contains all the important accessories for offering prayers, like an idol of Ganesha, Lakshmi, a bell, katori, kalash, one coin of silver or gold, and a decorated tiny box to keep roli – chawal, flowers and garlands, kum – kum and haldi. One can also buy pretty puja thalis available in lovely shapes, sizes and in wide ranges of prices.
Diwali Puja Thali
Aarti Thali Decoration With Lots Of Flowers
On the occasion of Diwali, prayers are offered to deities and a puja thali is an essential part of this ritual.
- Thali (steel, copper, brass)
- 5 diyas (cotton wicks and ghee)
- Flowers of various colors and varieties( roses, jasmine, marigold, asters, lotus)
- Incense holder.
- Kum-kum and roli chawal.
How To Arrange It
- Take a thali of medium and large size. You can use steel, copper or brass thali for this.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoon of ghee and spread gently over the thali.
- Spread some kum-kum on the thali. Draw a figure like the ‘OM’ sign, or swastika or the lotus figure with your finger.
- Arrange the figure either with flowers or petals of the flowers.
- Prepare a garland with white, yellow, or orange flowers.
- Use your imagination and creativity or choice of colors for decorating the inside of figures. Use a different color flowers for the outside of the figure.
- You can also use tulsi leaves, mango leaves or flower petals. The other accessories that can be used are chandan, gulal, sindoor, and haldi to highlight the borders of the figures.
- Place the diyas with cotton wicks soaked in ghee. Keep the camphor holder and incense holder and the bell in one part of the thali.
- Emphasize the area with vibrant colored flower petals forming a pattern.
- Light the diyas to complete the spectacular look. Your Aarti thali is ready.
Aarti Thali With Bindi Decoratation
- Colored paper
- Picture and idols of Ganesha and Lakshmi
- Aarti thali
How To Arrange It
- Take a thali and cover it by using a single colored paper.
- Stick out colorful bindis on this thali.
- Make a design on the thali by using different styles of bindis.
- Put a small dish with a diya on it.
- Keep idols of Ganesha and Lakshmi on the plate.
- Satin or jacquard cloth.
- Fancy lace
- Fancy small mirrors and kundan stones.
- Diya or a scented candle.
How To Make It:
- Take a thali and cover it with brightly colored satin or jacquard cloth.
- Stick a colored fancy lace using glue around the border of the thali.
- Now glue the glasswork and kundan stones of different colors and shape in a beautiful pattern and arrange the items in the thali.
- Now place the diya or the candle in the center. Light the diya and enjoy the looks of the reflected lights from the mirrors, to enhance the beauty of the thali.