Khaman is a very popular Gujarati dish. Here is Khaman recipe.
How to Make Khaman? Receipe of Khaman is very simple to prepare. Read about Khaman recepie.
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut scraped
- a pinch asafetida
- 2 tbsp oil
- 100 gm bengal gram divide (chana dal)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 - 3 green chillies
- 4 - 5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp sugar powdered
- 1 inch ginger
- 250 gm cucumbers
- 2 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
- Dry roast the chana dal for 2-3 minutes on a high flame .Heat up and then soak in water for 8-10 hours.
- Remove and dry grind coarsely.
- Take off the cucumber and shred.
- Mix in salt and keep it aside in a round dish for half an hour.
- Take off the ginger and grind it with green chillies.
- Remove out all the water from the cucumber.
- Mix chana dal, cucumber, ginger-green chilli paste and little more salt if required.
- Mix in cut coriander leaves, scraped coconut, lemon juice, powdered sugar and mix well.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Mix in mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When it starts crackling, mix in this tempering on salad and mix.