Jalebi is a very popular recipe of North India. Here is Jalebi Recipe.
How to Make Jalebi? Receipe of Jalebi is very simple to prepare. Read about Jalebi recepie.
- 2 cups All purpose flour (maida)
- 11/2 tbsp fine grained semolina or rice flour
- 1/4th tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
- 11/4th cups warm water
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 2/3rd cups water
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom seeds powder
- 11/2 tbsp kewra water or rose water
- Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd and 3/4th cup of the water in a bowl (preferably a ceramic bowl). Mix well with a whisk.
- Mix well and then add remaining water and 1/8th tsp. of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- Whisk thoroughly before use.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water. Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Pour the batter in a steady stream ( or coconut shell with a hole) into the kadhai to form coils. Make a few at a time.
- Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
- Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take the jalebi out of syrup and serve hot.