How to Make Bhakri? Receipe of Bhakri is very simple to prepare. Read about Bhakri recepie.
Bhakri is a round flat unleavened bread often used in the cuisine of
western and central India, especially in the states of Gujarat and
Maharastra. Typically bhakri is accompanied by various curries, chutney
(thecha - a thick paste of really hot green or red chilies) and raw
onion. Here is Bhakri Recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) or carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- In a wide thali or a bowl, combine the flour, ghee, cumin seeds
and salt and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a firm dough. Keep aside for 15
to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 14 equal portions. Roll out each
portion into a 100 mm diameter round.
- Roast each round on both sides on a tava till golden brown,
putting light pressure on the bhakhri so that the insides cook
- Serve hot with any vegetable of your choice.