Gulab Jamun is one of the well-known Diwali sweets. This is the recipe of Gulab Jamun.
Sweets are the inseparable part of Diwali celebration.
Gulab Jamun Recipe
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cup Carnation Powder
- 2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 pods Cardamom Seeds
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 6-8 drops Rose Water
- 1/8 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Heat butter and pour in a bowl. Add bisquick, carnation powder and yogurt and blend together. Knead well adding milk if necessary.
- Make a smooth ball, cover and let rest for around 30 minutes. Make 12-14 small balls.
- Heat the water, add sugar, and bring to boil, add cardamom seeds and simmer.
- Boil, then simmer to reduce the water by half. Heat the oil until hot and fry the balls to a golden brown or until they are dark brown, almost black.
- Soak in sugar syrup for a few hours until they double in size
- Serve hot or cold