Sandesh is a typical Bengali Sweet but well liked as a diwali sweet outside Bengal too.
In diwali people exchange sweets among themselves. There is a lot of varieties in Sandesh.
How to Make Sandesh
- Samolina (Sooji, Rava) 2 cups
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee 2 tbs
- Small Cardamom powder 1/2tbs
- Grated Coconut 1
- Heat ghee in the pan. Add semolina and fry it till it turns light brown. Keep aside.
- Make 1 string sugar syrup and add cardamom powder.
- Put the pan on fire again and add coconut and sugar syrup. Mix all the ingredients and stir it till it starts forming lumps. Cool it a little then put it in the moulds and make different shapes.