Bisi Bele Bhath is a very popular South Indian dish. It is very easy to prepare. Here is Bisi Bele Bhath Recipe
How to Make Bisi Bele Bhath? Receipe of Bisi Bele Bhath is very simple to prepare. Read about Bisi Bele Bhath recepie.
Bisi Bele Bhath Recipe
- Red gram dal (tur) - 1/2 cup
- Rice - 1 1/2 cups
- Brinjals - 2 small
- Onion - 1 no.
- Carrot - 1 no.
- Drumsticks - 2 nos (optional)
- Tamarind - size of a small lime
- Dry red chillies - 6 (you can reduce or increase as per your taste)
- Green chillies - 4 nos
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 2 tsp
- Cashewnuts - 20 gms
- Fresh grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - Few
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Poppy seeds(khus khus) - 1 tsp
- Aniseeds(saunf) - 1/2 tsp
- Cloves - 4 nos
- Cardamoms - 4 nos
- Cinnamon - Small piece
- Ghee / butter / margarine / oil - for frying
- Salt - as per taste
- Peel the onions and cut into big pieces.
- Chop the vegetables into 2.5 cm pieces.
- Wash rice and dhal. Place it in one of the containers and add 2 1/2 cups of water, a pinch of turmeric powder and chopped vegetables and cook it in a pressure cooker .
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add 3 red chillies, fenugreek, coriander seeds and grated coconut. Fry until fenugreek turns golden brown in color.
- Powder the above and keep it aside.
- Heat some more oil and fry poppy seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and aniseeds. Powder them and keep it aside.
- Soak tamarind in a little water and extract juice.
- Heat little oil, add remaining dry red chillies, mustard, curry leaves and green chillies.
- When the mustard crackles, add to the rice and mix well.
- Add tamarind juice and salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Heat little ghee and fry cashewnuts until golden brown in color. Add to the rice along with powdered ingredients and masala powder.
- Mix well. Remove from fire. If you like ghee, add just before serving.