Uttapam is a very popular South Indian dish. Here is Uttapam recipe.
How to Make Uttapam? Receipe of Uttapam is very simple to prepare. Read about Uttapam recepie.
- Batter (1:3 ratio of urad dal and rice)
- 1 Tomato
- 1 small Onion
- 1 bunch of fresh Coriander leaves
- Little broken Cashewnut or Putna or both
- 1 or 2 Green Chillies
- Put them all in a small chopper and cut them very fine
- In a cup of batter, mix all of it and add little salt.
- Put your non-stick pan or tawa on burner and heat it up to medium heat. Use a serving spoon to spread the batter thick, spread a tsp of oil on sides (optional) and cover the pan for a while. Fire should be between medium and low. When it is ready (light brown) remove the lid and turn the Uttapam with the help of a spatula.
- Allow it to bake for a while without the lid now. Turn it once more and keep it for less than a minute to make it crisp. Serve with sambar and coconut chutney
- Batter is made up of 1 portion of urad dal and 3 portions of rice. One half of the rice is boiled rice and other half is kolam or basmati or any rice other than boiled rice. Rice and dal are washed separately and left overnight to soak well and after grinding them very fine separately, they are mixed well and left to ferment in a warm place for 12 to 18 hours.