Flowers are an integral part of Diwali, and Diwali decoration. Read the article for tips to decorate your home with flowers this Diwali.
Diwali is about marigold flowers, diyas, sequins, lanterns, and other traditional decorations. Diwali is one of the most expected and celebrated festivals in India. It happens in the month of Kartika in the Hindu calendar in the months of October or November. This is celebrated across five days by Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains. Of course, Diwali varies in significance in different traditions. Garlands of Diwali flowers honor the moment and the spirit of festivity, a custom which symbolizes the victory of good over evil, ushering in wealth and prosperity.
Fresh flowers are of particular importance at this time and many use flowers to decorate for Diwali. In fact, flowers bring those childhood memories back of mothers and grandmothers making garlands of marigold flowers and hanging them on the doors with mango leaves. Flowers are used liberally in this festival. Jasmines of mogras, chameli, roses and marigold are used for puja. It is rightly stated by Jacques Deval, 'God loved the flowers and invented soil. Man loved the flowers and invented vases'. Man has preserved the love and cultivation of flowers for ages. Flowers are also used to make rangolis and in home decoration during this festival. Diwali without flowers is unthinkable; Join in this custom by knowing how to use flowers for diwali festival.
Diwali Flower Gifts
Diwali Flower Gifts
- Flowers are an integral part of diwali. They can be used to make and decorate rangoli. Different colors of petals like red, yellow, purple, red, white, and orange from variety of flowers can add splendor and beauty to your rangoli design.
- Garlands of marigold flowers with green leaves in between the strings are used to decorate the doors and entrances of homes. They are also used for decorating the small shrines in homes.
- Diwali is a festival where you welcome the goddess in your homes by offering fresh and fragrant flowers. Add Flowers like marigold, rose, mogras, chamelis, asters and many seasonal flowers to your puja Thali in honor of the deities.
- You can consider using flowers to decorate the trays or thalis to offer sweets in your home. You can make streamers of dried flowers and satin ribbons and decorate your thalis with them.
- You can keep a lot of fresh and brightly colored flowers in vases and clay pots to give an ethnic look. The colors will add to the festivity and the ambience of the occasion.
- Flowers of various colors and varieties can be used to decorate doorknobs, window sills, fences, gateways and different corners of the rooms. Be innovative and creative in your décor and design.
- You can use bouquets of beautifully decorated and arranged flowers as gifts to your guest, family, and friends. Add a personalized message of greetings or diwali cards to express your feelings of love and wishes to your loved ones.